Cookies are small text files stored on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone), which contains information related to your navigation on our website.
Browsing on Taobé’s website involves installing cookies on the user’s device. They have several functions:
- Measure the traffic
- Optimize users’ navigation
- Allow to share information on social networks
- When using Internet Explorer: Click on the Tools button. Next click Internet Options and select the Privacy tab. Under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies.
- When using Google Chrome: click the Tools button, and then on Settings. Towards the end of this page, you will see a “Show Advanced Settings” link you can click on to then access the Privacy button. Click on Content Settings button and select the options you wish.
- When using Mozilla Firefox: Open Settings, then click on Options and then Privacy. Under History, from the drop-down menu, select Use custom settings for history. You can now select the Cookies options you want.
- When using Safari: Click on Preferences in the menu and go to the Privacy tab. Once there, you can choose how you want Safari to treat cookies.
Privacy and personal data
For the optimal functioning of our website and the processing of services we process privacy-sensitive information, also known as personal data. In some cases, we work together with other organizations or companies, for example, the services of Bpost for sending an order.
Because we consider your privacy important, we want to keep you informed of what happens to your personal data, which Taobé has at its disposal.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, which is why we adhere to the principles and conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Let us make this clear and concrete for you:
- We limit the collection of personal data to only the personal data that is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. This means in particular at the time of the creating an account, placing an order or when completing the beauty profile.
- We state in a clear language for which purposes we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement.
- When your permission is required, we ask your permission first to process your personal data.
- We do not share your personal data with third parties when this is not required. If we share your personal data with a third party, such as Bpost for the delivery of your order, we take care that the necessary agreement between Taobé and this third party concludes the confidentiality of this data. This means that these third parties are bound to not transfer your data to other parties.
- We respect your right to verify, correct or remove your personal data which is stored by us, without any declaration necessary from your side.
What personal data does Taobé keep in his possession?
- We keep the following data:
- Surname *
- First name *
- Shipping address *
- Invoicing address *
- E-mail address **
- Telephone number ***
* This information is mandatory to be able to complete your order.
** This information is required to create an account and to send you the essential order information such as, a confirmation email of your order, etc.
*** We use this information to facilitate communication with you in regards to your order. This information is not mandatory.
- We keep the following information when you create a beauty profile. This profile is not mandatory and not essential for shopping on taobé.boutique and to complete purchases. It only serves to make your shopping experience at Taobé as personal as possible. This information is not shared with third parties.
- Date of birth
- Eye colour
- Skin colour
- Hair colour
- Hair type
- Hair condition
- Skin type
- Skin condition
- Scent preference
- Cosmetics preference
What are your rights and options regarding the storage of your personal data?
- Right to inspect / right of access
You have the right to request access to your personal data and to inspect it.
- Right to rectification / to have (certain) personal data deleted */**
You always have the right to have certain personal data corrected, supplemented or deleted after inspection.
- Right to withdraw permission (if this was required), restriction of processing
You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data and/or (temporarily) limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to file a complaint
You always have the right to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission when you think that the personal data is collected and processed in an unlawful way.
- Right of transferability
You have the right to transfer your personal data to another controller.
For any of these cases, described and listed above, please send us a written request via e-mail at email@example.com and we will answer you by e-mail within one month.
* An exception to this rule is the data that we have to keep for administrative reasons (invoicing), which we will keep during 6 years max. This is obligatory by law.
** You have to take into account that if we no longer have the necessary data to execute an order, we obviously cannot complete your order.
Surname, first name and shipping address are shared with Bpost, who takes care of the delivery of your order. Bpost uses this information only for the delivery of your order and does not share it with other parties.
Card number (bank or credit card), validity date of your bank or credit card and security code (CVV/CVC) if you pay your order with a credit card are entered on the payment page of Stripe. Taobé does not own or retain this data at any time. The payment is done in an extremely secure way and your card details are not shared by Stripe with other parties.
If you would like to share the content of our website via social media, this can be done through a number of social media buttons that we have placed on our website.
Read the privacy statements of the respective social media channels to know how they deal with privacy. We have listed the links to the various privacy statements for you here:
The reporting obligation in case of data breach
Are your personal data missing or lost? We will immediately report this to the Data Protection Authority. In the event of a serious data breach or danger for the persons behind it, we will also inform the relevant persons directly.
We obviously do everything in our power to prevent such data leaks at all times by taking appropriate measures.
Safety measure for the storage of data
As mentioned just above, we do everything in our power to prevent data leaks/breaches. We do this by taking following appropriate safety measures.
- encryption using an SSL certificate
- only the necessary people have access to your data (see also ‘third parties’)
- The programs and applications which we use to process your personal data and store this information are protected. Personal data on our own computers are not kept longer than strictly necessary, which equals to the time needed to deliver the service you requested.
- As mentioned in the section (‘What are your options regarding the storage of your personal data?’), we are bound by Belgian law to keep certain data during 6 years. This is called the retention period. These data are never stored on our own computers, but in a secure environment.
Changes to this privacy statement
Depending on changes in legislation, we may need to change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on this page. We therefore strongly advise you to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
The latest update of this privacy statement dates from May 25, 2018.
Exercise Your Rights
Request to be removed:
Request Access to your data:
Submit a complaint: